Writer or Editor Duties & Responsibilities
Writing and editing jobs generally require the ability to:
- Create original works such as prose, poetry, song lyrics, or plays.
- Research your subject matter.
- Revise, rewrite, or edit articles or scripts.
- Prepare advertising copy.
- Market your work to publishers, advertising agencies, public relations firms, and publication enterprises.
- Review, revise, and edit the work of writers.
- Offer comments or suggestions to improve written work before publication.
- Suggest possible titles.